We just wrapped up a 5 day vacation for Eid ul-Fitr, which could really best be described as a stay-cation. These 5 days consisted mainly of the following:
Sleeping
Reading (I obsessively read all 973 pages of Pillars of the Earth in 4 days. I should mention - it was good.)
Cooking good food, eating said food, cleaning up after said food
Watching movies
Staying up until 4 am one night in order to watch Monday Night Football on the internet and track Fantasy Football progress (one guess who this was)
Hanging out with our co-workers (hosting them for dinners and a girl's night - we watched Hairspray and ate homemade Nutella popcorn - see above re: good food)
and...Farkel
The SALT girls played this a lot during their orientation in Akron, and were quite happy to share it with us.
Ryan was the most excited for Farkel. It is rather addictive.
You roll six dice and then come up with points based on the different combinations you roll.
It is 95% luck. The other 5% is a mixture of making snap judgments (which I'm good at) and calculating the odds (which I'm not so good at) - so that 5% is a bit of a wash for me.
You play to 10,000 points. The biggest series of rolls from the weekend resulted in 4,650 points for Janae. That was sort of awesome.
We are back in the office now for two days. Tomorrow we are taking a day trip with the SALT girls to a couple of historical sights in Jordan. On Saturday, Ryan and I fly to Lebanon for five days. We'll post lots of pictures in the next week or two.
No comments:
Post a Comment