Thursday, October 7, 2010

Jerash

Today I'm going to reach back in time about 3 weeks to tell you about a day trip we took - before the retreat, before Lebanon. We had so much crammed into two weeks that I didn't have time to get these pictures up!

Ryan and I, along with the SALT girls, took a day trip to Jerash and Ajlun Castle. Jerash is one of the more popular tourist sites in Jordan, as it is one of the largest and best preserved ancient Roman cities in the region. A couple of us had been there before, but for me it was different to see it through a set of eyes 11 years older than the first time.

Also known as Gerasa
Hadrian's Arch
Janae, Trish, Jo, Sara and Ryan
Me and Ryan
Stones of the Forum
Northern theater
Ryan, Trish, Sara, Jo and Janae
Steep and mildly frightening to climb back down!
Assigned seating with Greek letters
Columns at Temple of Artemis
Walking down the Temple Esplanade
Holding the antiquities together with staples
Ancient manhole

No comments:

Post a Comment