Turns out the blog template I was using caused all the comment problems. So, as you can see, we've had a makeover here at Chai for Two. And already this blog is awesomer! I came in this morning to 5 comments waiting approval and it made my day. Thanks to all of you for reading the blog and keeping up on us. It is very encouraging to know you're interested and involved.
The new header image is from Petra. I have so many pictures from Petra that I want to share that it's kind of overwhelming. I probably will never get to post all of them because of time and slow internet. But I will try to post every now and again. Who knew the desert could be so photogenic?
The Foundation's Nursing School is having a graduation this afternoon that we were invited to. I'm excited to go to our first community event - I think it will help us feel a bit more connected. Just now a little boy wearing a paper crown came into our office carrying a tray of sweets, heavily prompted by his teacher (he was very shy). We're pretty sure the sweets were made at the Foundation's huge food production facility (they make all kinds of pastries, cakes and other sweets). The school, orphanage, food facility, nursing school and other vocational schools are located on the same huge campus with the administrative offices, so we have little run-ins with students, teachers, restaurant managers and others every day. It's nice to be so close to the actual work. Today we had some nice affirmation about the work we've been doing on the website content and tomorrow is a day off (aka beach day!). So there you have it.
Thanks again for being with us on this adventure.
No comments:
Post a Comment